22 December 2022

Beginning to feel like Christmas

 


I baked another Whisky Dundee cake yesterday. It was more successful than the last one, lighter and less dense. Not that I should be eating any more cake, my smart scales informed me this morning that my weight was up by half a kilogram. They also told me my muscle and fat mass, water % and that the weather was going to be cloudy with rain showers. I'm not joking.



I did some foraging in the garden this morning to make a Christmas table decoration. I started with a Yankee candle in the centre and then just added bits of greenery, rosemary, rose hips and fir cones. I dried some orange slices earlier in the week and managed to save a few pieces before Paul ate them. I was quite pleased with the result, nothing too fancy or sophisticated but enough to add a bit of Christmas cheer to the table. Hopefully it won't catch fire when I light the candle!



18 comments:

  1. Your table decoration is lovely. I'm now inspired to walk around my neighborhood and look for natural materials to make one of my own!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Christmas greetings to you and Gregg x

      Delete
  2. Delicious looking cake and very pretty decoration. Nice that both are home made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decoration. Yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas to you all. Enjoy your blog but rarely comment. Your table decoration is very similar to mine, love some shiny beads mingling with the greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your poppets have come in handy for the base. Happy Christmas Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks excellent. Your holiday centerpiece combines lovely greens with some shine and sparkle. Nicely done. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year we have shop made cake, shop made mince pies, shop made wreath on the door, and shop made just about everything else you can think of!!! Life in an inner city bijou home can't compare to Loubéjac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite sad to think of the old houses all shuttered up over Christmas.

      Delete
  8. Lovely table decoration to complement that scrumptious looking cake.
    Happy Christmas to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking cake and table decoration. Happy Christmas and New year to you, your family and of course Rick xx

    ReplyDelete