27 November 2022

Soul Man

 

I'm having a nice, relaxed Sunday. Paul has been baking bread and cake and there is a delicious aroma emanating from the kitchen. We shall have the freshly baked bread with charcuterie and cheese for lunch.






We were out on the town last night, or more accurately - the village! A musical evening at the village hall featuring The Soul Man. We weren't too sure what to expect from this entertainment but the Soul Man was a class act. He effortlessly sang his way through a range of classic soul hits - his voice was amazing. I think Sarah was slightly bemused by the music but in the end she was up on the dance floor with the rest of us strutting our stuff. It was a great night out.



Rick was not too happy at being left home alone on a Saturday night. He has forgiven me now and is supervising me while I try and write this blog.



6 comments:

  1. Freshly backed bread is always so enjoyed. British village halls are really quite remarkable. They seem to be hubs of activity for all to partake. Dancing the night away to soul music sounds like fun. Very nice of Rick to forgive and forget. You are his favorite person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in a very small, rural village so we are very lucky to have an active and enthusiastic village hall committee.

      Delete
  2. The musical evening sounds like fun and a re-kindling of your youth!
    Poor Rick left all on his own, but no doubt he had lots of cuddles and treats when you returned.
    I wonder how my new girl will react to being left alone for several hours on Christmas Day. So far I've left her for an hour or so when I went to the dentist last week. Relieved that she hadn't trashed the place in my absence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most dogs settle down and just sleep when they are on their own. I'm the one that suffers from separation anxiety, not Rick!

      Delete