12 May 2020

Another Tuesday

waiting for Papa
 
Paul drove to Ingham this morning to collect his regular prescription from the surgery.  No one is allowed inside the surgery unless they have a doctor's appointment so everyone waits outside in the car park.  They won't post prescriptions so Paul has to visit every fortnight. It's a pity there isn't an easier way I could get his blood pressure down.

 
lunch

We had some of the pâté I made yesterday for lunch with freshly baked bread, cheese and red wine.  The pâté was good, very meaty and not too fatty.  I shall make it again and next time I shall try adding some chillies to give it an extra kick.

It's too cold to be outside today so the heating is on and I'm going to snuggle down with a cup of tea and watch some mindless television this afternoon; I am deliberately avoiding any news bulletins.



10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that Paul suffers from high blood pressure. Good job he is married to an ex-nurse who can keep a close eye on his diet, exercise and alcohol consumption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always make sure he doesn't eat or drink more than me.

      Delete
  2. Love pate on really good bread (not good for the waistline) but after reading how you made it I shall continue to buy Ardennes Pate! Brought back old memories when you spoke of Paul going to Ingham. When my son was a baby we lived in the old school in Aisthorpe - we had it converted and it was our first house. And before that - long before I went into teaching - I worked in the farm office at Lockwoods at Cammeringham Manor. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you know this area better than I do Pat. I'm still trying to find my way around all the different villages.

      Delete
  3. The paté looks great, as does the bread and the cheese and the gherkins. I am envious. I will put it on my menu next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put three batches in the freezer but we will have some more tomorrow, maybe with some toast.

      Delete
  4. My husband gets his prescriptions from Pharmacy2U. You simply apply online, fill in the form, they contact your doctor, and then it arrives free in the post, and they reorder when it is next due. Why does he need a prescription every 2 weeks? our doctors give you a prescription every 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We looked into this but our GP doesn't support Pharmacy2U. Before we moved to this area we could always get 2 month prescriptions. It's very annoying.

      Delete
  5. I needed some more statins a couple of weeks ago.......I phoned the pharmacy that has my details.....they did whatever they needed to do, and a couple of days later they delivered them! Easy peasy! 2 Months supply. If you look into it I am sure you could do something similar.
    I have put pate on the shopping list for OH this morning but don't know if the little Tesco/garage shop will have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our GP's surgery has its own pharmacy and they don't support postal deliveries. We would have to find another doctor if we wanted to sign up to something like Pharmacy2U.

      Delete