16 August 2019

Quiz Night



Taking a break from kitchen renovations Paul and I went to Quiz Night at the village hall yesterday evening.  The regular quiz master was unwell so another guy from the village hall committee stood in for him.  It was difficult because he read the questions a tad too quickly and he was also hard to hear.  Two members of our team were away on holiday so it was down to three of us to come up with some half sensible answers.  Did I say sensible?  We misheard the "famous French impressionist painter" and came up with Marcel Marceau. 

The picture round was a disaster.  Name the contestants of a comedy quiz show.  I knew the faces but not the names although I was very pleased that I recognised Gyles Brandreth in drag.  Overall we came a dismal seventh.  Out of nine teams.

We fared better with the raffle, just missing out on a bottle of Lambrini and a giant marrow and winning a slightly more useful item, a reuseable water bottle.

It was an entertaining evening.






4 comments:

  1. I too have to have people speak clearly and slowly - babbling means I just can't interpret anything properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like a game of Chinese whispers.

      Delete
  2. I hope that there were no fights in or outside the village hall as quiz teams disputed questions and the use of smartphones to sneakily research answers. I imagine that Paul would be pretty handy in a fight with you whacking his opponent with your designer handbag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fights but we did threaten to tie the 'brains' of our rival team to the swings in the playground during the next quiz.

      Delete