15 April 2018

Quiet Sunday


I awoke early this morning.  I am a little preoccupied at the moment.  When I am anxious I tend to pluck at my eyebrows (trichotillomania), right now there is nothing left to pluck!

Rick and I went out for our morning walk around the estate.  There was not another soul about, it was bliss.  Rick behaved perfectly and didn’t even see the grey squirrel prancing along the top of the fence at the side of the footpath although he did lunge at a couple of pigeons. He was wearing his normal harness and leash and didn't need his Gentle Leader.  It was cool and overcast, no sign of yesterday’s Spring sunshine.  Everything is turning green very quickly and the cherry blossom is starting to fall like confetti.

I am cautiously optimistic that we have two new buyers for our properties.  Once again I shall discard the show home status and start eating the oranges from the fruit bowl!



9 comments:

  1. Until now I never knew that the author of this blog was a trichotillomaniac! Why not replace the urge with worry beads or one of those grown up colouring books? Good news on the property front and I hope you have a safe trip back to your French retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a bit of a maniac one way or another.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to see you in your beautiful french home again and away from all the stress you are having to go through right now.
    Holding thumbs for you Sue, hoping to hear good news on the selling of the properties
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will find it easier to relax in France.

      Delete
  3. You definitely need to be back in France as Maria says and then hopefully everything will come out alright in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be happier when things are less complicated.

      Delete
  4. Good old Rick. He is turning out to be the perfect companion. Fingers crossed for a good outcome on your properties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In shorts again here. Keep the coffee boiling, and the bread baking, until someone has actually signed! As my father always used to say "The finest word in the English language is 'Sold'".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone has some 'mania'. The bowl with the oranges are a beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete