27 December 2016

Week At A Glance

This morning we braved the frost and freezing temperature to walk into town. Paul wanted to buy ingredients for his broccoli and Stilton soup, I wanted to buy a diary. 

I know I could keep track of my life on the computer or phone with little jingles and flags to remind me of a forthcoming event but I’m a bit old fashioned and like to write it all down in a little book.  It means I can doodle and write pieces of nonsense; if it’s the date for the dentist I write very, very small and if it’s the date for the ferry to France I draw a big picture of a boat. At a glance I can see the week’s menus, invariably they get crossed out and changed a lot.

I bought this one in the charity shop.  It’s small enough to slip in my bag but with just enough page space for my scribblings.

Turkey curry for dinner tonight.  That's written in my old diary.  Actually, it's not.



10 comments:

  1. I love calendars and weekly planners and will probably be buying a few for the new year now that they're 50% off at the bookstore. I'm a scribbler in need of paper and ink, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of the brocolli and stilton soup. How great to have someone cook for you. I hope you appreciate him! I just keep a day planner but like you, lots of things get crossed out and changed. It`s like the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chris. Yes, Paul is a great cook and I love it when he takes over the kitchen.

      Delete
  3. We had Turkey Curry last night.... bloody delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the second day after Christmas should be called Turkey Curry Day.

      Delete
  4. In error I bought a page a day agenda/diary and have sufered nearly a whole year with it. Mondays are not on the same side of the open book and I get very confused. Thank goodness there is only one more day before the new one starts with Sunday 1st bottom right and Monday 2nd where it ought to be - top left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is confusing! I like to be able to see the whole week.

      Delete
  5. I love a diary as well (agenda as it is called here) that my car insurance gives me every year. It is a normal size book, not for a handbag. I write medical appointment, dentist appointment, birthdays, dinners... I also slip between the pages, photos, cards, notes, theatre tickets, etc. write quotes, sketch and draw in it. It starts off neat and slim and by the end of the year it is fat, tattered and battered. I like to keep all my diaries.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my kind of diary! I think I need a bigger size...

      Delete